Wednesday 19 February 2014

Sex In A Box | Lush Haul



So I feel the title is rather apt, as when I received this box and opened it - I was like wow! 
I couldn't even hide the drool running down my chin. 
Imagine this box is Hugh Jackman (I defy anyone not to think this man is sexy!). 
Strong and masculine on the outside, but you know whatever's on the inside your going to love and you know whatever it is; is gonna be extremely sexy & smell incredible!!! 

........

Sorry - you lost me for a moment...I was thinking of Hugh (yes we're on first name terms!)

-

Anyway! About the contents - This did not disappoint, the way this box was packaged got my heart racing! Even though I knew what I'd ordered, it was like a little treasure hunt for my products amongst the polystyrene balls. 

MmmMelting Marshmellow Moment - £3.95

This is a luxury bath melt. 
Lush describe this by saying 'it brings to mind dolly mixtures and candy floss' and they couldn't be more right. It smells so good you literally want to eat the damn thing. 
Place this in your bath and let the hot water surround it. It lathers up ever so slightly creating a milky moisturising pink foam, move this gently around in the water until all of the melt has dissolved. You will be left with a bath of wonder and your skin will smell and feel amazing when you eventually decide to get out. 




The Comforter - £4.50

This is a bubble bar.
Lush describe this as 'a bathtime blend of fruity essential oils to wrap you up in a big comforting hug' and again, they are bang on. This bar smells of blackcurranty goodness! My work colleague (who has never bought anything from Lush - I know!!) said that it smells like Ribena! She seemed to be very excited about this product and went on to say that it's like bathing in a tub of hot ribena! 
So if ever you feel like you need to 'get away from it all', run yourself a nice hot bath, crumble  half of this under the tap and watch your bath transform into something from Willy Wonka's factory! Except unfortunately - yet again! You can not eat the products no matter how delicious they smell. 





Bubblegum Lip Scrub - £5.50


This is a lip scrub.
Lush describe this as 'a gentle exfoliator to prime and refine your lips and leave them tasting divine' 
As you can tell by the picture I couldn't even wait to take a picture, before I stuck my finger in and rubbed this over my very chapped lips! I do love this product as it does buff off your dead skin and you can actually eat it! However sometimes when I really think about what I'm doing, I think to myself  'I'm eating my dead skin off my lips - eugh!' however this doesn't seem to put me off for anymore than 3 seconds as it tastes seriously good!!





Liquid Lipsticks in Perspective - £14.50


This is a Liquid Lipstick.
Lush describe this as 'a rosy nude long-lasting lipstick for a new look that's subtle and natural'
Too be fair there isn't much I can write on this at the moment as I will be reviewing it shortly. I'm going to put a look together and see how it turns out and how long it lasts. 
One thing that I can say at the moment though, is that I'm not too impressed with the smell. 
I'll keep you posted. 



 
Grease Lightning - £5.95



This is a spot treatment.
Lush describe this as 'a gentle, yet powerfully effective spot treatment gel.'
Again, I shall be reviewing this in the near future, I'm not one who suffers with spots normally but I've noticed recently I've had a few blemishes that have driven me insane! I am currently trying out this product and another one to see which one fairs better. 
I'll keep you posted.





Silky Underwear - £4.25


This is a Dusting Powder.
Lush describe this by saying 'it's the ultimate finishing touch; powdered cocoa butter and cornstarch to soften the skin and a sophisticated and sexy, yet delicate jasmine fragrance.'
Basically I have used this once since I bought it and I have mixed views. 
I love the idea and the concept of having sexy smelling talcum powder, however it is quite a strong scent so it's not really something you would use straight after a Lush bath as it overpowers the sweet smelling scents you've just bathed in. 
I will try this a few more times and come back to you. 





Prince Charming - £4.95 


This is a shower gel.
Lush describe this as 'Prince Charming will sweep you off your feet and carry you off into the sunset, leaving your skin silky soft and smelling lovely.'
Okay - I'm in love. I adore the fragrance of this. Lush say it's made with marshmallow root, fair trade vanilla and fresh pomegranate juice. 
I, like may other bloggers might have been lured in by the marshmallow scent - however this does not come through very well. The pomegranate is quite over powering, however don't let this put you off! It still smells incredible - fruity and sweet with a hint of citrus to wake you up! Love it - However this was one of the Valentine products from last month and isn't available now. Sorry lovelies!!

-

So that's it for my Lush Haul. I hope you enjoyed having a look-see into what I ordered?

What are your favourite Lush product(s)?

Keep up to date with everything I'm up to on Twitter, Instagram & Bloglovin.
(Links to the side peeps!)

As always it's been a pleasure. 

Char

xXx





6 comments:

  1. love this post! Love luch cosmetics xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Opps i forgot to add my fav lush product is the Ocean salt scrub! Its a miracle in a tub!

      Delete
    2. Hey Hun! Sorry it's taken me a while to respond. I've been curled up in bed the last few days not feeling too good! Anyway I'm much better now!! Thank you for your kind words :) means a lot! Everyone talks about this salt scrub - I think I've used it before? Is it all blue and you rub it on before you get in the shower - may be I'm wrong?! xxx

      Delete
  2. love the comforter, love hugh jackman! nice title too ;) haha
    p.s. i've nominated you for the liebster award over on justmsmaxwell.com xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I love Hugh Jackman ;D Sex God! Thanks Hun! I'l definitely do it soon xxx

      Delete

Blog design by srslydsgn | 2014 | all rights reserved